Friday, October 26, 2012

PowerPoint


      PowerPoint is familiar to almost all the teachers nowadays as it is really convenient to use it to show information about everything. It is a useful assist tool to give prompt, give extra illustration for your speech, or just simply show information directly.
    The usage of PowerPoint spread fast and it seems that everyone could use it. However, do we actually know well how to use it? Is there any other way to adopt PowerPoint into the teaching and learning process and make it more useful?
    For me, I think I had never known how to use PowerPoint effectively before I started to student teach at a high school. PowerPoint is so powerful that teacher could put simple but funny games on the slides and share them with her students. Animations, sounds, flashes could all be added to the slides and each one will play different functions, for example, sound could draw students attention, or give prompt. Animations will make connection between relative objects and make the teaching process vividly.
    What’s more, one of the most important things I learnt from the class is that, PowerPoint is a good learning tool for ELLs. Students who are too shy to speak in front of the class will no longer keep silent if they use PowerPoint as supplementary means. As they will have put a lot of efforts into PowerPoint making and they will be familiar with what they put in the slide, they will feel more comfortable to share in public. 

No comments:

Post a Comment